Baked Dippy Eggs with Supergreens
2 small ramekins
a knob of butter
A handful of spinach
4 Asparagus Spears (pre-cooked in some boiling water)
2 tablespoons cream
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese – small amount for grating.
Pre heat the oven to 170 degrees
- Butter both the ramekins
- Spread a few spinach leaves at the bottom of each ramekin (you can put quite a few as they wilt down into almost nothing, so even if it looks a lot, it won’t be).
- Chop the Asparagus spears into 1 inch long pieces and discard the thick ‘woody’ stalk of the Asparagus spear.
- Lay the Asparagus pieces neatly over the top of the spinach.
- Spoon a tablespoon of cream over each spinach and asparagus mixture
- Carefully break one egg over each ramekin.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pop into a preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes depending upon how runny you like the egg. Make sure the white is cooked.
- Take out of the oven and grate over a little Parmesan.
Cut toast into slices (Soldiers) and dip in and enjoy.