Tuesday 11 September 2012

I saw this and thought of you...

How much do you love these bowls?

This much!

I saw these in the Cath Kidson store and it was love at first sight.  I had to share them with you.

I moved house this week and I'm eyeing up some new thing to put in my kitchen.  These bowls are a bit smaller than a breakfast cereal bowl size, but still perfect for some sticky Jasmine rice to accompany a tasty Thai stirfry.  Or maybe a few pieces of fruit.

Cheers Cath!

While I unpack, there's not a lot of cooking taking place - so here's some things to share that I came across this week to inspire you and your family into making some tasty dishes!

Got leftover food?  Make these tasty dishes with your leftovers!

Got a child that won't eat vegetables?  Ways to get them to eat their greens here!

... Talking about getting kids to eat their greens - I always remember watching Popeye when I was a youngster and thinking how cool he was to eat spinach and be so strong (let's just ignore the fact that he used to puff away on a big cigar!)

I'm sure that's why I love spinach so much now as an adult, because I ate it as a child.  My mum used to give it to me with chedder cheese melted on top and it's so so tasty just like that.  I've always eaten heaps of the stuff and I swear it's given me good health and great skin - just stir spinach leaves into currys, stirfrys and sandwiches.  Yum!  Or, better still, put it in my baked eggs with asparagus recipe coming tomorrow (just one of the last things I rustled up in my old kitchen before moving house).

1 comment:

  1. Those bowls are gorgeous. Eating you cereal in those festive bowls must really cheer you up in the morning. I completely agree with your opinion on veggies. The more you eat them, the more you like them. Thanks for sharing!

    Hannah from I am a lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete