Tuesday 26 March 2013

Lunchtime!

I LOVE lunchtimes.  I think the vision of lunch gets me through a drag morning on most days. But I'll be honest, I've got stuck in a bit of a lunch 'rut' recently and I needed some inspiring to re-excite my lunch times again.

So, as you know, my body really doesn't get on well with wheat and some gluten. But I'd heard some good stuff about Spelt (still has gluten, but lower amounts and also doesn't contain the genetically modified protein that is found in wheat that causes a lot of problems in our bodies..)  In technical terms, Spelt is a hybrid of wheat and contains only marginal proportions of 'Gluten'.  So low that even some Coeliacs find they can tolerate it. So, if you get bloated after eating wheat, feel tired, sluggish, then maybe give the Spelt a try.

I bought my fresh (made only 30 minutes before I bought it - wow, that is fresh - said the man behind the counter) Spelt Loaf from Wholefoods Market.  It was huge (reminded me of a hedgehog) and smelt delicious.   I am totally converted.  My lunch yesterday (above photo) really made my week!

Look at how colourful it was!

And, just in case you're wondering, here's what it was!

2 slices of whole Spelt Bread - one slice with Egg Mayonnaise on, the other with 1/2 an Avocado on.
A mixed salad with some grated organic carrot and tommy toms!
A nice grind of fresh black pepper (no salt! - I put so much Pepper on everything...)
And some honey and mustard dressing...which was just these ingredients:
..4 tbsp Dijon mustard
..2 tbsp honey
..80ml lemon juice
..225ml rapeseed oil

That's it!

Super-dooper quick and nutritious!  Go on - give it a try!  Health-up your lunch and swap your bread for Spelt!

You will feel so much better :)

What did you have for lunch today?

No comments:

Post a Comment