Saturday 23 June 2012

A day out in Bath Spa

The Romans famously brought Spa waters to the city of Bath back in the day and they're still going strong.  I've never see the Bath Spa waters before (you never get around to these things when you live nearby to tourist spots!) but last week I had some relatives over and we decided to check out the Roman Baths and be tourists for the day.

You could, if you wanted to, drink some of the sacred water. I didn't fancy it myself, it was warm and a bit strange smelling. So I opted for a superior coffee instead from my favourite specialty coffee shop in Bath, Colonna and Smalls. Bath knows how to do a good coffee and freshly baked cakes are found everywhere.  They even have a Ben's cookie shop which often has queues out the door.

On the way back to the car (our parking was almost up and I didn't want to get slapped with a ticket!) there was a cool little tea shop I discovered down a side street (Bath is full of cool side streets you can explore). I'll have to pop into next time I'm in town  - I especially loved the name, 'The Bath Bun'.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name the Bath Bun too! Lol! It sounds SO relaxing!

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete