Wednesday 11 July 2012

Kitchen Crushes

Good morning friends!  I hope you're all having a good week.  Can you believe it's July already? No, neither can I.  In the UK we're still waiting for summer to turn up.

I had so much fun choosing this week's Kitchen Crushes.  This week my theme is 'Country Kitchen'.

1. First of all I spotted these cookies on notonthehighstreet.com by Les Quatre.  Aren't they super-adorable? I have a friend who I am going to send these to. (They made for a really unique gift.)

2. I'm really trying to make the effort to grow more of my own produce.  There's nothing as organic and healthy as that.  I currently only grow my own herbs (and failing miserably at that - although Mint has become rather abundant!)  I grew some carrots and some potatos at my parent's house when I was little and I'll never forget eating my home-grown juicy potato from the garden.  So this kit that I also found on notonthehighstreet.com says that if I plant them now, I can be eating my own salad leaves by autumn - Cool! Let's get growing! Thank you Seed Pantry!

3. Laura Ashley has a sale on.  Such discoveries for me are dangerous shopping situations. I found these adorable glasses in their sale items which area all kinds of lovely I can't find the words to express my 'Oooh'.  So I will just say, 'Oooh'. And you'll know what I mean, right?

4. Look at this cute tweety-pie!  Hand made and designed by Gabriella Buckingham (who I discovered on Twitter) at the fun and colourful Moobaacluck.com, Gabriella hand makes and paints a collection of doorsigns, cards, stationery and much more.  I've got this side wall in my kitchen that this little birdy would look so cute hung up on.  I love her bright and cheery colours, don't you? There's heaps more of her happy designs on her site at notonthehighstreet too, so take a look.

5. Everyone needs a great tea towel!  Rachel Taylor is one of my favourite designers right now.  She's got a new range of tea towels and I've recently featured her oven mitt on my kitchen crushes before.  I can't wait for pay day to come so I can order my new ones!  (She also very kindly featured Dishes Undressed on her blog! Take a look).

Talking of birds, as I write this post there's a little sparrow dancing around in the birdbath outside my window.  He looks so happy :)  (I tried taking a photograph of him but he flew off.)

2 comments: