Saturday 7 July 2012

Super Chicken Salad

A hero of meals, this easy Super Chicken Salad has been my go-to lunch now for a few days.

When I get hooked on something it lasts a while.

And there is every reason to get hooked on this healthy chicken salad because it's so damn tasty, nutritious and figure friendly.  

I made it like this:

Salad ingredients

Rotisserie chicken from the supermarket (meat taken off)
2 boiled eggs
1/2 an avocado
Baby plum tomatos
A bit of cucumber
Romaine lettuce
some shredded white cabbage
some shredded carrot 

My super lemon herb dressing

1 (not heaped!) dessert spoon mayonnaise
half juice of a lemon
some dried mixed herbs (1 teaspoon)
tiny punch sugar (1/2 teaspoon ish)

Toss all the salad ingredients together

And then toss in the dressing.

Salt and pepper (omit salt if you're trying to be super healthy as salt is a bad guy, ok?)

Oh YEAH!

Next week I'm going to show you how to make a 'Salad bar' that will keep you set up to make super-quick salads all week.  Kitchen organisation is key to good health and tasty meals and I want to share my secrets with you all.  

Until then, have a fantastic weekend!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE chicken salad. It's the best..but yours looks like the ULTIMATE chicken salad, will definitely give it a shot this week :) Thanks as always! xoxo

    Cathy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cathy - yes Chicken, egg and avocados are such good friends in a salad... Sometimes I add a bit of sweetcorn too for some sweet crunch. Yum! I could eat this all day every day! :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete